Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Something Must Be in the Air

Wow, I'm proud to say that my dad outsmarted two seasoned firemen and one frazzled tenant. Recently receiving an emergency call, my father, the plumber, headed out to the scene. He tells me that, in front of the house, there were a couple of firetrucks called to address the catastrophe of a blown-off (yes, literally blown off, full-force, out of the piping) valve. Water was being blasted turbulently out of that tenant's walls, even leaking all the way from the third to first floor. The firemen failed to figure out how to fix it. However, my dad, recognizing the solution straightaway, merely took his screwdriver and turned the shut-off mechanism that is apparently a part of any valve. The firemen and tenant gaped in astonishment (or most likely in relief) the appearing ingenuity.

Well, putting momentous moments aside, I can say that I tried dandelion greens for the first time--stir-fried. There's nothing especially outstanding about the taste, except that it tasted a bit bitter, not that I'm complaining. But with stats like these, who can complain?

Dandelion herb contains notable nutrients
and is a great source of nutrition during winter 

This humble backyard herb provides
 (%of RDA/100g):

9% of dietary fiber, 
19% of vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), 
20% of Riboflavin,
58% of vitamin C, 
338% of vitamin A, 
649% of vitamin K, 
39% of iron and 
19% of calcium.



No comments:

Post a Comment