Thursday, August 30, 2012

The First 5 Weeks of a New Beginning

The first five weeks of the Community Scholars Program, from the start of July to mid-August, at Georgetown were absolutely phenomenal. I can't believe the head start I've been blessed to have been given. There were so many people I've met, including a Harvard professor with a penchant for Korean and Asian kids, lawyers Jeffrey and Marina with the senior daughter that called Georgetown the "most beautiful" place, the random Georgetown junior on the street who handed us her intern business card. The diversity here is similar to SF, but with a slightly different, perhaps more classy air. I am now only more eager to learn because of dynamic environment campus and am inspired by the people wanting to master 5 languages by the end of 4 years, to be head of the FBI, to be the president of the United States, and many more ambitious goals. Plus, getting to my connections here are convenient, since the Metro lines that the Georgetown shuttle gives a free ride to happen to be the ones that they live by. The unlimited resources at the school are overwhelming as well.

And I was definitely proud of myself when, at the bookstore, I went back to the cashier when I discovered that he left two mugs uncharged, to get them charged, in exchange for a lifetime of blessings from the kind old man. I only look forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment