Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer: An Introduction

I've just become aware of how eclectic my interests are.

Just as a sample, here are some of the headlines of the articles that I read today:

Why Smart People Are Actually Dumb (my excuse for everything)
Now, if I had to determine the kind of person this was based off of the things they read off the internet, I'd probably guess that this person is a food-obsessed, detail-oriented biker-photographer-baker with a slightly sadistic anarchist tendency...someone who is going to explode.


But on a slightly more positive note, my attributes have attracted some potential college roommates through this housing-matching program called "CHARMS." I've even been talking to one person who I am seriously considering having as my roommate who can somehow tolerate (isn't overwhelemed by) my long-winded rambling. I cried a little bit and thought to myself, "Thank God for a University with an undergraduate freshman population of 1,000+!" It's about time either of us pops the question...

Ok, now, my summer. After Fanime, that is. Let's see, it involves more applications for college, low-tide beach explorations with friends, sourdough bread (and sandwiches), korean food with friends, homemade cake with a friend, a birthday party with a complimentary sleepover, some biking, photography with friends, photography, photography...And I have yet to begin doing art. But hey, my summer goals definitely includes some good-quality friend-time, and I'd say that it's going pretty well so far. And I have yet to be bored even for a single second, so summer is, so far, a major success!

Mussels angled precariously. Watch your feet!
Those clams were clammed tightly against the rock. 
Sea ene-ena-ane-anemone!
The oven-broiled pork neck with a Korean marinade.
Made Korean noodles with my best high school friend.
Made a birthday sponge cake for a friend's mother with her!
Now that I've got the technique down, it was time for more
experimentation: spiced bread! Result: perfect tuna sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment